ICSC Envision 2020
Leading the Industry into an Emerging New Era of Retailing
We appreciate your enthusiasm as we embark on Envision 2020 what will likely be a historic transformation of the industry. Given how rapidly the industry is changing your expertise, vision, and view for what could be possible is paramount. You are creating the future! Your voice is extremely important.
We are excited with the take-aways from the Board meeting and are working to quickly move the Envision 2020 process forward. As the process progresses, we encourage your continued engagement to share ideas, insights, and resources necessary to define the industry changes to come.
We've started the conversation, now stay tuned as the initial findings from the January BOT meeting will be shared shortly and discussion taken around the world.
The Envision 2020 team
- Omni-Channel Retail: How can retailers and developers fully embrace this new integrated playing field to wholly engage the ever more tech-obsessed consumer?
- Generational Issues: How can we best navigate the shifting consumer shopping patterns, especially with “millennials,” and anticipate how they will impact shopping center commerce?
- Technology: How can we embrace the emerging technologies within the retail real estate industry to successfully engage the consumer?
- Collaboration: What is possible if developers and retailers stop viewing each other as adversaries and start forming partnerships, where both sides collaborate by sharing consumer insights, market research and implementation of new technologies?
- Distribution: How can we re-imagine retail stores and shopping centers as distribution points for fulfillment of purchases made both in-store and on-line? How may we take advantage of the old adage in real estate, “location, location, location”?
- Consumer Focus: How can we make the brick-and-mortar experience digitally interactive, while at the same time more efficient – providing the consumer with a great experience, ease, and more value?
- Retail Evolution: How will the retail business model change in the coming years, and how will rents adapt, especially if the new retail game plan is not always about “selling”?
- Finance: How do we educate lenders about the ongoing value of retail real estate, and ensure that capital keeps flowing into the retail real estate sector?
President/CEO: Michael P. Kercheval
Vice President, Eastern Division: Kenneth A. McIntyre, Jr., CRX
Vice President, Central Division: Vince Corno, CRX
Vice President, Western Division: Mark A. Schurgin
Vice President, Southern Division: Marty Mayer
Vice President, Canadian Division: Karen Flavelle
Vice President, European Division: John A. Strachan
Secretary Treasurer: Donald C. Wood